Thoughts on Upcoming Project


Hm. An obvious 6x6 space I could film in is my room (give or take some space). Some public spaces could be the arts courtyard, the plaza of the Americas, in front of Reitz Union, etc., as long as I map out just a 6x6 area. I could film in the garage of my apartment complex if I wanted something dark and/or creepy. I could definitely also go to a park, like Depot or a more woodsy one. I think I’m leaning towards doing something outside in a natural setting. I’ll aim to enlist my sister since she ended up not being in my last film (the stop motion) and then depending on my idea I might get more friends. So now, ideas….
Does it have to have a narrative? I’d like to just move through a nature space and show the nice parts of it. Sun behind leaves, a lizard on a tree. There’s something, I guess.
If I have people, I would move to more of a narrative style. With my sister, time passing…. My brain is dead. Maybe she’ll be in HER room and she’ll be picking up things while cleaning and get nostalgic. She’ll eventually stop cleaning altogether and will call our mom. Or something.
If I wanted to do it with more people, I could follow them on a fun lil journey through the woods. Adventuring, like kids, hacking through the jungle. There would be a story, some evil being or wild creature that they’ll have to get past. The end could be a nice picnic in a spot they’ve found for themselves.
None of these ideas are super interesting to me but my head hurts so that’s all the somethings for now. I’ll keep developing it.

Comments