Homesick Reflection


From my critique, I found that my soundscape could have been more effective with more clear sounds and voices. I started with simple sounds of the night and it slowly developed into a deeper, ambient setting as I tried to communicate what being homesick and lonely feels like inside. However, I noticed people really liked some more pronounced sounds, like a small clip I put at the end of my speaker powering off, and some background talking. I realized I could have made the audience feel the same sense of loneliness by creating a clear environment, and not going ambient. I would honestly love to make a further iteration of my project, but turn it into a music piece as well. There’s this song “Home” by Medasin that has the quality I was thinking of, but I knew we couldn’t make traditional music for this soundscape. So if I were to expand on my soundscape, I would want to have the same night sounds, and maybe a better recording of rain, which would melt into a guitar or an electronic harmony. I would get longer snippets of conversations, parts that can be followed, and perhaps use that specific digital sound from my speaker several times.

Comments